Sr. API Engineer
Required location: Remote. USA only. Eastern or Central timezone
No support for VISAs. US-based only. NO AGENCIES. No corp-to-corp. No 1099
Salary – $88-119k plus benefits
Permanent w2 employees only
Our client is looking for a Sr. API engineer who will design, architect, and develop modern integration solutions to provide a world-class customer and partner experience. This position will be hands-on as a teammate contributing to a scrum team. Due growth of the company, this role is immediately available for qualified candidates.
This organization is in the midst of digital transformation. They are moving from on-prem to cloud. They are implementing DevOps in their IT group and need an API Engineer. The Company is in life sciences industry. They’re a well-established business looking for a very professional permanent employee.
This engineer will develop modern integration solutions to provide a world class customer, and partner experience. This position will be a hands-on teammate contributing to a scrum team.
- Create and deploy API solutions using modern DevOps practices and security standards
- Implement test automation solutions for API testing
- Work in a scrum team as an API engineer
- Collaborate with leads and architects to design and architecture best-in-class blueprints based on evaluation requirements
- Evaluate and choose tools & technologies
- Coach and mentor a various folks of different roles in IT group on API development
- Establish standards and maintain a department-wide knowledge base on API engineering
Education and Experience
- BS or Higher in Comp Sci, MIS, IT, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in IT or related software engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience designing, developing and managing public and internal REST
- Developing APIs using MuleSoft and/or Azure
- API authentication & authorization strategies using OAuth, OpenID and SAML
- API security engineering
- Automated unit and system testing of APIs using BDD or TDD, libraries such as JUnit, tools such as Postman and frameworks such as Cucumber, Robot framework, or similar
- At least 2 years experience using Cloud technologies such as Azure or similar
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with C#, Python, Java, Node.js, or other programming languages
- Service mesh such as Istio and load balancers such as Nginx
- SQL & NoSQL databases
- CI/CD orchestration tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Maven or similar
- Source code management systems such as Git or similar
- Creating and publishing API specifications using YAML, RAML & Swagger
- Working in eastern time zone business hours
- An energetic teammate that works to create a positive work environment
- Be a good citizen and pick up the shovel to help fellow teammates in times of need
- Mulesoft Anypoint Platform and/or Azure API Management
- Designing & developing microservices based solutions with SpringBoot, Docker and Kubernetes/Openshift
- REST with Hypermedia