Director of Site Reliability Engineering
Preferred location: New York, NY — possibly remote (East-coast, US-based only) but preference will be to those in or near NYC
No support for VISAs. US-based only. NO AGENCIES. No corp-to-corp.
Salary – $180k-$210k (hourly rate – $90-125/hr)
Build a Site Reliability team for a start-up, from the ground up.
As the Director of Site Reliability Engineering for our client, you are obsessed with building elastic infrastructure, adding resiliency, improving software engineering productivity, and automating everything that should be automated.
Your Skills (should have most of these):
- 7+ years IT operations, DevOps, or systems infrastructure experience
- 3+ years software engineering management experience
- Computer Engineering or Computer Science degree (or work experience)
- Building strong, efficient and effective teams
- Experience with systems observability (or monitoring, e.g. Grafana, Prometheus, Kafka, Cloudwatch, NewRelic, Elastic Stack/ELK)
- Orchestration (Ansible, Puppet, etc)
- Kubernetes, AWS ECS, and Docker
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Gitlab, etc)
- Enterprise-level, scalable architecture
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Exceptional communications
- Roadmapping of sire reliability and technology infrastructure
- Create your own SRE team from the ground up
- Responsible for monitoring, alerting of internal and external systems
- Create process and introduce metrics where needed
- Leading as a technical as well as managerial leader – coding, architectural review and design conversations
- Partner with other groups – Dev, UX, Product to create product success