Director of DevOps and Cloud Architecture
Preferred location: US, East Coast, remote
No support for VISAs. US-based only. NO AGENCIES. No corp-to-corp.
Salary – $140k-$180k (hourly rate – $75-95/hr)
Perm or Contract-to-hire
Our client is looking for a talented Director of DevOps and Cloud Architecture to support their Digital transformation.
Your Skills (should have most of these):
- 5+ years of practical, hands-on DevOps experience required
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- 3+ years of IaC (infrastructure as code) with Azure (Terraform)
- Proficiency in scripting and automation (Python, Ruby, Java,C#, etc.)
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Expert in Git usage
- Network security and administration – firewalls, switch & load balancer administration. In-depth knowledge of network design and security protocols.
- Proven success in setup and design of CI/CD systems
- Exceptional communication skills
- Automation service provisioning and middleware configuration
- Self-motivated, develops rapport and collaborative working relationships with all levels within the organization
- Agile, SCRUM
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- On-prem virtualization
- Chef (or similar orchestration tool)
- Networking design and optimization
- WAN/LAN, switching load balancing, firewall management
- Plan and strategize for Move from on prem to cloud
- People management – organizational structure, performance management, and skills development.